Monday 27 August 2012

Torshi Seer (7 year garlic)


Description:
Pickled garlic. My Friend Grammy told me about this. I have not tried it yet but I am going to as soon as I can get some good garlic. We are growing it on the allotment but that won't be ready yet. Not sure if I can wait 7 years though! The recipe comes from Tumericsaffron as does the photo.

Ingredients:
7-8 garlic bulbs, remove the outer dried skins
2-3 cups vinegar/fill to the rim
3 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons honey


Directions:
Place the bulbs in a completely dry glass jar.
Add salt and honey to the vinegar in a separate glass bowl. Mix well.
Pour the mixture over the cloves. Add more vinegar if needed. All the cloves should be covered by vinegar.
Cover the lid with the plastic wrap and close tight.
Place in a cool and dark place. They'll be ready to serve after a couple of years so that they can age, and the seven year seer torshis are known for their great appetizing taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment